Saturday, February 11, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 79

Reassurance. What a comforting word that is. There are often times in life when we need reassurances. Are we doing the right thing? Should we do something new? Am I a good person? and the list can go on an on. We need to be reassured on a daily basis of a variety of things that life has on our plates. Because of the new ownership at my place of work, it has been thought by several employess that our days are numbered. I got myself worked up with it a bit, getting my resume printed so I can get it updated and keeping my eye out for any opportunities but I was letting worry creep in on what if I lost my job. Worry is a monster that would love to eat you alive if you let it. I decided to kill the worry monster and put my focus on my Savior and by just doing the best job I could do which is what I have always done. Yesterday reassurance came straight from the big man himself, no not God but the new owner of the company. This is second hand as I didn't witness it myself but I believe it. He said he has no intention of closing this office that if he did he would have already told us so! I killed the worry monster and got the blessing of reassurance. I never needed to worry in the first place. Worry needs to become a distant memory of what I use to do. No more worrying about anything! Take this postive affirmation for yourself or create your own: I know God will take care of all my needs.
Matthew 6:25 And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lillies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothes you, O you of litle faith?

No comments:

Post a Comment