Sunday, February 12, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 80

I purposely do not watch the news on TV because most of it is negative. They do occassionaly have the feel-good stories but it's not their primary news segment. When you are trying to keep positivity in your own life, watching the news just doesn't work. But you have to keep up on current events somewhat and so can't avoid it altogether. I found a website where you could get the news with a Christian perspective called Worthy News. There a some others as well that I will check into and let you know what I think. I want to surround myself with positive stuff so I did a search for websites with Christian stories of hope and found one with lots of poems and stories. I am thankful to God for all those good hopeful stories out there in the world and pray that each of them can find avenues to share their stories and touch those with a bit of hope and encouragement. I found this poem about hope on this website. See the links in the resources section.

It’s magic and it’s free
It’s not in a prescription
It’s not in an IV.

It punctuates out laughter,
It sparkles in our tears,
It simmers under sorrows,
And dissipates our fears.

Do you know what Hope is?
It’s reaching past today,
It’s dreaming of tomorrow,
It’s trying a new way.

It’s pushing past impossible,
It’s pounding on the door,
It’s questioning the Answers,
It’s always seeking more.

It’s rumors of a breakthrough,
It’s whispers of a cure,
A roller coaster ride
Of remedies, unsure.

Do you know what Hope is?
It’s candy for the soul,
It’s perfume for the spirit,
To share it makes you Whole.

Psalm 62:5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment