Saturday, February 18, 2012

365 Days of Praise Day 86

I think every child out there at one time or another or for some more often than not experience the unrealistic fears of the monster in the closet, the fear of clown dolls or fear of the dark. My daughter had some fears that had her waking me up at 3am last night. Turns out this time it is a fear of the hand that comes out of the closet. Her friends are telling her scary stories about the headless horseman and hands in closets. I crawled into bed with my daughter and she curled up, closed her eyes and said "I feel safe when your hear." I cuddled with her for a little while and than started to get out of bed. She, of course, popped her eyes open and lifted her head up asking where I was going. "I am going back to bed, you have to close your eyes and remember God is right here with you." So, she did and fell back to sleep for the remainder of the night. She told me this morning about her fears and that she made her fears do something funny together in a dream. Her dream was in the bottom of the Ocean in Sponge Bob's pineapple house. I was there with a bunch of other stange people and the headless horseman and the hand and we were all on a dance floor dancing together. I said God is using your own imagination to help you conquer your fears. All of this really made me think about choices and how if we have the holy spirit within us it us up to us to call on the holy spirit to help us. We can conquer our own fears by calling on our helper.
Psalm 91:14-15 I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call on me, I will answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment