Monday, February 20, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 88

Have you ever felt like a person was an angel? Of course you have. We have all experienced at one time or another a person who is in our life at the right time, right moment and gives you exactly what you needed. I encountered an angel the other night when I went shopping for a specific kind of shoe my foot doctor recommended. This angel was previously in the medical profession and could tell me the name of my foot problem which I could not remember. He was perplexed at why the doctor would recommend this particular shoe and showed me how it worked and how it would not be good for my foot issue which is called Morton's Neroma. It's a swelling at the nerve between the 3rd and 4th toes and is caused by consistently putting too much weight onto the ball of your foot or in other words, high heels. It can also be caused and aggravated by shoes that are too narrow in the area around the toes. This particular shoe the doctor recommended actually rocks forward onto the ball of your foot. "You don't want to do that", the angel told me. He showed me more of what kind of shoe I should get and recommended I be my own best doctor. So, I went home without buying anything and did some research. Sure enough, all the sites I have visited about this say you just need some comfortable shoes with a wide-box toe. So, I am thankful for this angel who helped me avoid buying something that wasn't going to work and guiding me. God was definitely working through this kind man. We can be that angel to someone everyday if we look beyond ourselves and focus on serving others. Who can you be an angel to today?
2Peter 1:7 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perservereance; and to perserverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

No comments:

Post a Comment