Thursday, February 16, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 84

You have probably done this before and felt something similar. I was in the spa last evening relaxing after a stressful day at work and after the lights automatically went out, the sky darkened and my eyes adjusted and I started to see a multitude of stars. Not just those really bright ones that always seem to be there but the more distant ones that need a very clear sky without lights affecting it. I just stared in amazement. It reminded me of a time when my family went camping in a desert somewhere in CA and we got to sleep out under the stars. If you have never been in the desert at night, you need to get it on your list of things to do. I was probably elementary school age and because my memory is so bad, the fact that this stayed with me is a testimony to how powerful an experience it was. You want a good idea of how great our God is take a nighttime look at the universe he created. Wow! Our God is so great! Our God created this huge seemingly unendless universe and yet he is right here with us, loving us, caring for us, giving up his son to save us. I am in awe and will seek out that nighttime sky full of stars to remind me often of how much we are loved by the One true God of the universe.
Psalm 8:3-4 When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him?

No comments:

Post a Comment