Monday, February 6, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 74

As I was cuddling with my daugther in her bed last night, she commented "you're the perfect mom". When an opportunity presents itself like this to talk about Jesus, I take it. I told her nobody is perfect only Jesus is perfect and we just have to keep trying. Her response, "you're perfect to me". But than she added that we aren't perfect because we have sin. That's right our sin pulls us away from the Lord but thankfully we are forgiven. She finished it with "because Jesus died on the cross". I was immediately impressed with how much our teaching with the help of our church has sunk in. The sin that I am sure that my daughter thinks of and confessed to me last year, was that she secretly got into the Splenda packets downstairs and ate them. What pulls us into sin? For her, at this point in her life, it is her sweet tooth. There are two broad-termed ways we are pulled into sin: Temptations and Fears. Does one of these strike a cord with you? I know for me at this time in my life, it is fears, especially the fear of what others think of me or what I am doing. It is a constant battle but being in the word everyday, praising God everyday, praying everyday is helping me conquer my fear. The encouraging words that my daughter said to me last night are just another way of God telling me you are loved just as you are and you are doing what I want you to do so do not fear but strive for perfection. My prayer for you is that your heart will be open to hearing what God is speaking to you today.
Proverbs 29:25 Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment