Friday, February 24, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 92

One of my new responsibilities at my job is to call back alarm companies that call in with questions, etc. Most people that know me, already are aware I am not a phone person. It may be because of what I think is an audiotory processing issue I have that is fairly common. I have always had a fear of the phone. But I have been steadily gaining more confidence especially at my job because I have been there for almost 3 years and pretty much know my stuff and if I don't, I know where to get it. Yesterday morning I had to call a man who had a very thick accent, possibly French who seemed very frustrated so I wasn't so sure how this phone call was going to go. So, I started off the phone call with a casual easy-going what can I do to help you out? That set the tone very well as he said later in the phone call that he felt like he was talking with a real person rather than a robot. It turns out the guy was not very good with computer stuff and just needed someone to listen to him and to give him a little guidance on what he should do. Although I was initially a little wary of what this phone call was going to end up being like especially because of the thick accent, I was happily delighted with the outcome. The man was very happy and professing today is turning into a great day. I am really thankful to God for giving me a sense of peace in doing this phone call, patience, understanding and compassion which really ended up helping this man out. Is there a frustrated or angry person in your life that could use a showering of kindness?
Romans 11:22 Consider therefore the kindness and sterness of God: sterness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment