Tuesday, February 14, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 82

My daughter asked me yesterday if I could have a million wishes or a million and nine wishes which would I choose. "The larger number", I said. What would you wish for if you had a million and nine wishes? Wow, where do I start? My first thoughts were health, peace on earth and Jesus. It was facinating to hear my daughter's top three wishes and it was wonderful to tap into a child's perspective. Her top three wishes were: Her Girl Scout friend to be the owner of Water World so they could go and play there whenever they wanted, Dad is President (LOL), a pet cheetha that could play in the backyard. The cheetha got changed to a baby saber tooth kitten. Now those are some wishes!! I can imagine that each of us as children had some grand detailed wishes like that. Somewhere along the line, life seeps in and puts a damper on those dreams but anything is possible with God. We went on to discuss heaven since a baby saber tooth kitten here on earth where they are extinct wouldn't be very likely but she said after giving Jesus a hug she would go look for the baby saber tooth kitten. Dream and dream big! No matter what may come for us on earth, our dreams in our hearts will be filled when we get to heaven.
Matthew 6:19-21 Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

No comments:

Post a Comment