Saturday, January 14, 2012

Photo Quaility Shopping Comparisons

I came across this article and found it very interesting after my recent prints I had done at Walmart. I procrastinated too long for a couple of Christmas presents and quickly did a layout in Studio J and bought just the jpeg so I could print it out in a smaller version. I put and sized the jpeg images onto a full page in publishing program and saved the whole thing as a jpeg image. I had 8x10 prints made at Walmart in an hour. As I was cutting the Studio J portion out of the print to a 6x6 size, I realized how dark the photos came out. I went and looked at the jpeg images on my computer and could definitely see how distorted in color they came out. I didn't have time to shop around for better print quality but it was set in my mind at that point that I needed to check into and compare. I found this article on photo print comparisons done out in Oakland, CA at 7 different photo printing places, including two on-line photo printing websites. It was very interesting to see how the photos all came out. Please view the article yourself and see the photos and the price comparisons, ect. Looks like Costco was the big winner for the Bay Area in terms of price and quality so I will try there next with my photos. See the link in the Resources section on the right and educate yourself on getting quality photos prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment