Friday, January 13, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 50

Last night I was reading a children's book to my daughter called Wherever You Are by Nancy Tillman. I picked this book up at Khol's last month as I was shopping. It was one of their $5 books they typically sell up at the front near the checkout. All of Tillman's books were there and I wanted them all but I had to have self-control and only got this one. The illustrations are amazing and I love the words. As I read it, I thought she was talking about God's love but from the stuff on her website it sounds like she wrote it with a parent's perspective, a mother or father's love. In any case, this part gave me good chills last night as I read it to my daughter: In the green of the grass...in the smell of the sea...in the clouds floating by...at the top of a tree...in the sound crickets make at the end of the day... "You are loved. You are loved. You are loved," they all say. So I am thankful for this wonderful reminder of God's love being everywhere that I am.
Psalm 108:4 For great is your love, higher than the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies

No comments:

Post a Comment