Wednesday, January 18, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 55

I woke up today and just wasn't sure about what I wanted to praise. Nothing was coming to my mind. There are SO many things to be thankful to God for. I generally go with whatever comes to my mind first and I keep thinking about the polotical stuff going on that I see on the news. It's enough to make anyone want to go live somewhere else. The problem with that is America is the best place to live. I think it can be very easy to forget all the benefits of the freedoms we have. And yes, we are free to crumble about our country's politics and be frustrated. So, I am praising God today for that freedom, for reminding me that we live in a country that has been blessed to have these freedoms that we often forget and take advantage of. So today I will wear red, white and blue and try to remember that altough the negative political campaigns will continue for months to come, we have the freedom to turn off the TV and not listen, crumble if we want to, be frustrated and when it's time go out and vote.
Romans 8: 20-21 For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into glorious freedom of the children of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment