Friday, January 20, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 57

On the way home last evening as I was battling the super strong wind gust with my little blue car, I was thinking on what was spoken and discussed in our class at our church and the word reflection came up and I wandered into thinking about this ministry and what faithbooking is. There really are a number of ways that it can be looked at. I have been looking at it more as a way to study deeper what we hear at church or read from the bible or in a bible study. I have been applying what I am learning to my life which in education terms is called life application. Often times, in our studing of the bible and wanting to learn about God, we are leaving off the most important aspect with the life application. Following through and applying what you learn to your life and taking it one step further by putting into a concrete form of a scrapbook page can have incredible benefits. Since begining this ministry, I have been in the bible everyday, praying everyday and I can see that I am thinking and feeling and living with the Lord more and more in my life, not just on Sundays or Wednesday evenings or with my bible study ladies but all of the everyday parts. There is still lots of room to keep that intimacy with the Lord growing but I feel more happy than ever, yes, even despite the pains of life and the negativity that strikes me thanks to hormones. So I am praising God today and everyday for encouraging me and guiding me and calling me to do this ministry. Is follow through a tough one for you? Have you tried some life application? Journaling is a good first step but if you have never scrapbooked, I would love to help you take that step into discovery. I will discuss a little more about "reflection" in faithbooking tomorrow. Stay tuned.
Proverbs 27:19 As water reflects a face, so a man's heart reflects the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment