Wednesday, January 4, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 41

My hubbie and son got me hooked onto a show on AMC called The Walking Dead. Yes, it's about zombies but it is well done and very suspenseful without too much gore or grossness. The human aspect with the relationships is really the big draw for me. Some survivors have banded together and are trying to survive each other and the zombies. Despite the harsh reality of their circumstances and what they are up against, they still have issues with each other. It's one of those things since the very beginning with Adam passing the blame onto Eve and Eve passing the blame to the snake and Cain and Abel and the jeolousy that drove Cain to kill Abel. We pit ourselves against each other when we should be banding together in complete unity as brothers and sisters. Our only hope is Jesus and thankfully we have him to steer us away from those relationship issues, help us through them or help us restore relationship that have already turned south. I struggle with the jeolousy thing when it comes to my parents and how much time and energy they spend on my brother and his family. Thankfully, because of my knowledge on the love languages I figured out they are service love givers and you can see the trend through our lives on when each of us was in need they were there. My brother's family is in need now because their adopted daughter, Grace has issues that no child or family should have to go through. So, I am thankful and praising God for helping me with these issues that can come up within our relationships with others so that I can see them for what they really are and not be thinking just of myself.
Gensis 4:6-7 Then the Lord said to Cain, "Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast? If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it.

No comments:

Post a Comment