Tuesday, January 10, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 47

I was seriously in the grips of the worst migraine ever last night. It was indescribably bad but in the morning I was at least able to move my head a little without it going into full blown intense pain mode and after about an hour it went away. I am just thankful today to be able to get out of bed. I sang in my head last night to help me see past the pain and be able to calm dawn and stop the crying which, of course, makes it worse. I thought of my Grammie who I have been told suffered from these migraines as well and asked her to talk to Jesus for me. Have you ever been so down by something whether it be physical like my migraines or depression or some grief that you can't even think. Praying words aren't possible and all you can do is moan and cry. Thankfully our Everlasting God is always with us and knows what we need without us speaking them. In the sermon on Sunday, Pastor Jim Smith said that the Reward of prayer is God himself not the answer to the prayer. I held on to that thought and kept talking to God and we got through it together. He was with me and yes, there was reward just in that. Have you ever looked back on a difficult time that the Lord helped you through and saw the reward of God's presence?
Matthew 6:8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

No comments:

Post a Comment