Monday, January 16, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 53

Sometimes bad things happen but it's all fits into God's overall plan for all of us. No nobody died, got hurt, sick or anything serious. I had a bad kitchen day! I decided to go through a couple of recipe books and pick out a few recipes to try and decided to try this Zucchini Bacon Quiche because my hubbie likes quiche. Well, you have to know that last quiche recipe I made didn't come out so great. In this one the crust was actually, a tube of crescent rolls and the rest of it seemed very straightforward. I was skeptable putting into the oven because the recipe only called for 2 eggs. This was mostly zuccini and mozzerella cheese so already the red flags were up. I have to confess I am not very good with following directions. My hubbie thinks it's an inherited trait of being Polish. Very funny. Not. Well, the directions said if the knife comes out clean it's done. Again with the NOT! I cut a piece and put it on a plate and it ran everywhere. My hubbie stood by probably laughing inside and goading me on. Sure enough the crust on the bottom was still raw. Ugh. At this point, my son is going into starving mode which means he is getting cranky. Hmmmm... Just like Mom is getting. Time for a change of menu. So, I put the quiche back in the oven and decide to whip up some eggs and bacon to go with the hash browns that were already made and dinner was served. An hour later... LOL! My hubbie comes in from the kitchen and says did you forget something. Oh No! Yep, the quiche was BLACK! Okay, so I admit it. I am not the greatest cook. My talent is with paper and ink and apparently not food. So, although it was a waste of money and time; it was also a fun memory my hubbie and kids will probably never let me live down. I can already hear them at my funeral saying remember the time with the sweet chicken tetrazzini and the Black quiche. It's never about the final product but about the love and memories you shared. Thank you Lord for this memorable moment.
Psalm 90:17 May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us-- yes, establish the work of our hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment