Friday, August 17, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 266

Yesterday I spoke with a co-worker who seemed to be in a bad mood. I got her to open up to me and share how she was not happy with another co-worker and how condescending she was to her. She tries to let it go, she's spoken to our office manager and my team lead about it with no results and seemed to be on the boiling point with the feelings she was having about it all. In the end of our conversation, she seemed to be in a better mood, smiling and ready to move on. I walked away and said I was glad our talking together helped get some of it off her chest. God wants us to be peacemakers and here I found myself with an opportunity to help bring some peace. In helping my friend with her feelings, I made myself feel good too. How do you love someone that you don't like or that creates stress in your life or that talks down to you? Forgiveness is the key. You have to be able to forgive what that person is or is doing or saying that creates those negative feelings in you. I have been working on that when it comes to the owner of the company I work for. And have even gone as far as praying for him. I have come some ways in overcoming my negative feelings towards him.  Would I be able to wrap my arms around him in love? No, not yet but like most things you must keep attempting to grow and progress. Do you have someone in your life that you can't find an ounce of love in you for? Take a look at forgiveness and start there.
Mark 11:25 And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.”

No comments:

Post a Comment