Thursday, August 16, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 265

Yesterday was my hubbie's 40th birthday. As much as I would love to have gotten him everything he deserves, I just don't have that kind of money but God did give me a creative spirit so I came up with some ideas. The first was the 'Getting Old Sucks' bucket that I saw an example of on Pinterest. I added my own flair to it, of course. My hubbie's dream car is a Ford Mustang. What a surprise it would be to have one in your driveway?! I came up with the idea of a Ford Mustang cake and did some research and illicited the help of some friends who make cakes. They were up for the challenge. I put the cake in the driveway and had the kids lead their dad out of the house through the garage with his eyes closed up to where the cake was placed. I was doing my best to capture the moment with photos and video using both hands. Challenging! It was so fun! It was a memory that I hope he will carry with him for the rest of his life and beyond. I think the kids will remember it too since they had so much fun with it. Thank you Lord for giving us creative ways to show the ones we love how much we love them.
Genesis 1:1 In the beginging, God created the heavens and the earth...






No comments:

Post a Comment