Friday, August 31, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 280

I am getting this praise out a little later than I normally do. I have been looking into career avenues to take and got hooked on a website that may be an answer to prayer. Needless to say, I was so wrapped up in it this morning that I left the house for work and realized I hadn't done my praise. It's becoming clear that God is calling me to be a Christian Counselor. The schooling will be more extensive but in the end I believe this is the road the Lord is steering me to. Still so much to research and figure out but I keep remembering my time with my sister and Mom in San Anotonio earlier this year and how with the Lord's help I helped them get pasted some relationship issues with each other. I had told them I was trying to figure out what to do with my life in terms of a career and my sister asked if I had considered going to seminary.  On my drive to work this morning, the Lord put this all in the forefront of my mind and I laughed and thought the answer had already been there right in front of me but I think like Jonah I have been not obeying.  For me it was more because I don't feel completely confident in my capabilities to do this but I am learning from my research that God will equip me with what he is calling for me and so I need to let go of that fear and committ to the schooling, time-committment and cost and let the Lord figure out all the logistics. Thanks be to God for stealing away the tent that I have been in so I can see the bigger picture of his calling.
1 Corinthians 13:12 Now we see only reflections in a mirror... but then e shall be seeing face to face.

No comments:

Post a Comment