Sunday, August 19, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 268

My hubbie and son went off together with a friend of my hubbies from college to enjoy lunch and a movie. They went to the new Sushi/Habachi place near us for lunch. My son ended up trying out some sushi with salmon eggs on top among other things. It was great to hear about it all when they came back. They apparently had a great bonding time. Way, way back when my son was just a toddler I read a parenting book that said that boys need to have a "tribe". You want to encourage and get them into groups of other boys and men where they can bond and learn from each other. Of course, you want men who set good examples and are on a straight path. I have prayed for that and have seen it happen in my son's life like it did yesterday. I am thankful for all the men in my son's life that can inspire, encourage and help him grow and continue on the straight path that he is on.
Proverbs 13:20 He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm.

No comments:

Post a Comment