Thursday, August 23, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 272

Praising God for the opportunities available to make a change in the course of my working life. I have been researching the possiblity of making a carrer change into the medical field as a  medical assistant. The job prospects are good and are projected to grow by 38% by 2018. The median salary in my town could be a  little better but its more than I make now. It will probably cost me $12,000. for schooling plus more for the incidentals like books and testing fees to become officially certified. But there are more learning and skills that can be added to your belt to make your resume really look good and get you a higher paying position. The job itself is a mix of working with people on your feet and administrative stuff at a desk which I think would be a good fit for my body. Helping people is a plus as its one of the small side benefits of my current job but as a medical assistant I would be helping a lot more people and in a healthy way not just in a financial businessy way like I do with alarm companies now. I am starting to meet with colleges to get some idea about the programs offered so not sure at this point what will happen but I am thankful to God that I even have this kind of freedom to change what I am doing as work for my life. I keep praying for guidance and for God to put me where he wants me to be. Hopefully your job gives you a good feeling of success, confidence, joy without any negative side affects like pain, frustration, anger, resentment, discouragement. If so, be proactive in praying and seeking out a change led by God and in the meantime keep your focus on Him.
Ephesians 6:6 Work hard, but not just to please your masters when they are watching. As slaves of Christ, do the will of God with all your heart. Work with enthusiasm, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.

No comments:

Post a Comment