Tuesday, August 7, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 256

Today I am going to praise authors. What a gift you have to imagine a story and put it into words that captivate. I am reading a book called The Pact and am getting close to the end. I almost stayed up late to finish it but decided I better not. It's a good feeling to be sucked away into some other lives than your own sometimes, to just not think about the stress of life, the pain in your body, the greiving on getting old.  But books also not only can take you away from your own life but make you think about your own life. They make you think about things you might otherwise not think of. I read a little bit of the bible every day but its not grabbing me like it has before. A reading slump. Yep, that's what it is. And just in the nick of time, I get an article about bible reading slumps from YouVersion. One suggestion was to try reading it in a different version, another to read with others. I am sure with my creative mind I can come up with some creative way to start reading the bible. No matter what you are reading whether its a good book or THE good book, I hope you will be inpired, thought-provoked and blessed from the words written by others and especially by God.
Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is full of living power. It is sharper than the sharpest knife, cutting deep into our innermost thoughts and desires. It exposes us for what we really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment