Sunday, August 5, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 254

The weekends are such a great time always. As much as I am thankful for having a job, I am very thankful to God for the weekends when I can get away from it completely for two whole days. The weekends are my time to focus on my family, my faith and the things I love to do. I wonder how hard it must have been before we had the official work week, before all the conveniences of our modern world, before technololgy. On a TV show we watch called Hell's Kitchen, they had the losing team for a paticular challenge, turn butter the old-fashioned way. It took forever, up and down, up and down. It just makes you think of how blessed we are to be able to go to a grocery store and have that kind of stuff already done for you. We have it easy but it's easy to take advantage of our blessings.  Think about these everyday life blessings today and give thanks to God for our life ease.
Colossians 3:15-17 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as memeber of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dewll in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.  And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment