Monday, August 13, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 262

We celebrated my hubbie's birthday with my brother and his family yesterday. I am so proud of who my husband has become over the 16 years of our marriage. Nobody is perfect and everyone has things they can improve upon but over time we can see the growth and the wonderful changes that occur within someone. I caved in and decided to let my husband open one of this gifts for this birthday even though its not until this Wednesday. Its always fun to open gifts in the company of people you love and who love you. I gave him the choice of the predictable gift or the "oh my gosh" gift. Well, all the kids wanted to see the "oh my gosh" gift and started chanting in unison "open it, open it, open it". My husband was so sweet and gently ask our two young neices to help him open the present. It turned out to be a great "oh my gosh" moment. He totally did not expect to get an Xbox. It turns out he had contemplated getting one since getting his bonus in July but decided he needed to use the money for debt and house things. It couldn't have been a more perfect gift and the perfect time.  Jesus is our perfect gift given to us everyday. He is within us and we can call on the Holy Spirit to bless us with the gifts we need for that day and the rest of our lives. Thank you Lord for your perfect gift to us and for the gift of my husband and being a witness to his growth in you.
1 Peter 4:13 But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed.


No comments:

Post a Comment