Saturday, August 18, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 267

We had an unfortunate accident in kitchen last night involving my daughter. I was busy cutting up the grilled meat so my hubbie was helping my daughter with her Top Ramen, a staple of a picky eater. My back was turned so I didn't see it happen but felt and heard it. Somehow as he was attempting to pour out some of the hot water from the Top Ramen into the sink the accident happened and hot water came out unexpectedly and poured on my daughter's hand and stomach. I immediately turned, ascertained what happend, grabbed her hand and put it under cold running water. Thankfully her shirt protected her stomach from the brunt of it but she did have a Texas-sized redness on her tummy. I applied a cold wash cloth to it to bring out the heat. She was crying and crying and crying and although it didn't appear to need to be an emergency room visit, I knew I was going to have to get her mind off it so I served her ice cream for dinner and asked my hubbie to find something to watch on TV to distract her. With some ice on her hand, the ice cream and watching the new Hotel Hell with Gordon Ramsey she finally calmed down. It was still stinging when we put her to bed so she ended up in my bed and dad got booted out to the guest room. We prayed our nightly bedtime prayers and I especially prayed for healing of her hand overnight as she slept. At around 5:30am she woke briefly and said "my hand feels better" and I replied simply "Thank you God". It could have been so much worse I had told her as I was consoling her the night before. It could have been on your face. "Oh yeah that would be a lot worse" she said. The Texas-sized redness on her tummy came down to a Hawaii-sized redness within an hour and we had fun joking about. Dad said maybe it should have gone down to Oklahoma-sized first but Faith liked the Hawaii size. I am praising God for just giving me the guidance on what to do without even having to stop to ask. Thank you Lord for healing up her hand and tummy.
John 15:7 If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment