Wednesday, August 1, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 250

My son went to a youth activity at the church last evening called Crud Wars. Let me let your imagine wonder what the heck that entails for a moment. Imagine a slip-n-slide, water balloons, shaving cream, flour and goopy gel of some kind and a bunch of teenagers running around trying to throw all this on each other. I almost wished I had gone to pick him up sooner just to see some of it but when I arrived to pick him up the clean-up process had already been in full-swing. He walks up in his jeans and t-shirt soaking wet, has no towel or change of clothes and says "uh not sure what to do". Thankfully, my creative problem solving brain kicked into action. I used the sun shade in my car as a seat cover so we made it home without him soaking the passenger seat in my car. It was fun to hear the stories of how the evening went. I really wish I was there when he got the pie of shaving cream in the face! Apparently, they took a group photo so I am hoping to get a copy and create a scrapbook page of his memories of this activity. Thank you Lord for our church and the people who make these kinds of activites possible. What a fun bonding experience!
Colossians 3:14-16
And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.  Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.  Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment