Wednesday, August 15, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 264

Heading home yesterday from work, I headed over to Little Ceasar's for a pizza but found the traffic going in this direction to be horrible. You know it's bad when it takes you 10 minutes just to get through one major intersection. To make matters worse, after picking up the pizza I seemed to have hit every red light possible. My bladder was full and my stomach was hungry. It was all adding up to becoming very impatient and I was sorely tempted to eat a crazy bread and totally cheat on my eating program. But a song caught my attention about focusing on Jesus and pointed me in that direction. I am so thankful for music and all the musicians who use their gifts to bring us messages that can help us in our everyday lives, that can put our focus back to Jesus. I made it home without peeing my pants, eating a crazy bread or going crazy with verbal assaults at every light and slow car. Thank you Lord for giving us something we can grab onto that can bring our focus back to you. Thank you for giving the gift of music and lyrics that speak to our hearts and for the artists who bring them to us.
Colossians 1:11-12  May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light.

No comments:

Post a Comment