Saturday, September 1, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 281

Yesterday afternoon I received an unexpected call. I had gone for a preliminary interview at my church for an admin assitant position a couple weeks ago and hadn't heard anything so was assuming that it was the Lord's will that I not get that job. It was the church calling about setting up a double interview with a panel of 3 people each. The word "intimidating" comes to mind but I am working and praying to keep my perspective clear, my fears from taking over and just go in as prepared as I can and know that ultimately it is the Lord's will that will take place. I will just think of it as a growing experience. I got through that last interview without any fear which was awesome so without  a doubt I know the Lord can fill me with all the confindence and peace I need and will hopefully give me the write words to say in answer to the questions they have for me. This possible change in jobs will not change my course in deciding to be a Christian Counselor. That is my dream, goal and calling from God and I will heading down that road.
1 Samuel 3: 4-10 Then the Lord called Samuel. Samuel answered, "Here I am." And he ran to Eli and said, "Here I am; you called me." But Elis said, "I did not call; go back and lie down." So he went and lay down. Again the Lord called , "Samuel!" And Samuel got up and went to Eli and said, "Here I am; you called me." "My son," Eli sai, "I did not call; go back and lie down." Now Samuel did not yet know the Lord: The word of the Lord had not yet been revealed to him. The Lord called Samuel a third time, and Samuel got up and went to Eli and said, "Here I am; you called me." Then Eli realized that the Lord was calling the boy. So Eli told Samuel, "Go and lie down, and if he calls you, say, 'Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening." So Samuel went and lay down in his place. The Lord came and stood there, calling as at the other times, "Samuel! Samuel!" Then Samuel said, "Speak, for your servant is listening."

No comments:

Post a Comment