Friday, September 28, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 308

We play a lot of roles through out our lives. I have been pretty successful at most of them and am always willing and able to improve but I am so fired as the "tooth fairy". My nine-year-old daughter wiggled a tooth out last night before bed and though she knows that Mom is the tooth fairy she wanted me to keep playing that role. I was never very good at it. The first tooth I forgot to take the tooth and leave money so I had to come up with a story about the tooth fairy being super busy and she would probably come tonight. I had a heck of a time once getting a tooth under her pillow that I could not find. Thankfully, I managed to find it without waking her up. Last  night I told her I could just give her money in the morning but she gave me that "look". She wanted to go through all the motions of putting her tooth under her pillow and waking up to find her reward. Ugh. I forgot! I am so fired! She came marching up to me this morning holding out the baggie with the tooth. Thankfully, she was forgiving especially after I produced a dollar for her. We do our best as parents but we are not perfect. Praising the Lord for being the one thing in our lives that is constant, perfect and unending and praising the Lord for the forgiveness a child gives you.
Luke 23: 33-34 When they came to a place called the Skull, there they crucified him, along with the criminals – one on his right, the other on his left, Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment