Thursday, September 27, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 307

I got the call yesterday from my church that I didn't get the job. I had made the final two after a grueling interview process that took just over 6 weeks. I really am honored to have made the final two and in the end they chose the other lady because she had 10 years experience as a missionary in Turkey and the postion had a lot to do with missions. I thought I would feel more disappointed but what I really feel is free. I know that in this time I have been doing research on other carrer paths and my calling from God became crystal clear. I am going to study to be a biblical counselor. I am very excited to be able to move forward with this. The whole job thing really took me down a detour road which I did do because God did call me to go for the job. Obviously, it wasn't to get the job but to go through the whole process. I discovered that with preparation I really wasn't so bad of an interviewee that I thought. It really was about being prepared for the questions. So, in the end, I have gained more confidence in myself, practiced my patience and learned to let go and let God do his thing. All things work for the good of God's plan. So, now I have to narrow down my schooling options and let God lead me to the school that works in his plan for me.
Romans 11:29 for God's gifts and his call are irrevocable.

No comments:

Post a Comment