Wednesday, January 9, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 46

I awoke several times last night due to my shoulder. In that last waking, it came to me that I had no idea where my camera was. My new camera I got for my birthday in November. I fretted over it and tried to think of the last time I saw it and could only remember seeing it in the suitcase at the hotel in Sterling where we were that last weekend of December. I couldn’t remember if my husband may have taken it out to charge the battery or not. So, I prayed that the camera would be found. I thought about the scripture about the woman who has ten silver coins and loses one. She searches everywhere and finds it and calls all her friends and neighbors to celebrate and rejoice with her over finding the lost coin. My focus ended up on wanting my joy to come back in finding my camera that when I asked my husband about it this morning, I ended up coming across accusatory. He found the camera where I had put it in the glove box in the car and told me in no uncertain terms that I was wrong in how I came across. My joy at seeing the camera and having it back turned into grief for the wrong I did towards my husband. I mumbled out a sorry but he was in no mood to hear it. My emotions definitely take hold of me and I do or say things that should not have been done or said in such a way. I was just reading about this idea of emotions ruling over us yesterday in a book about temperament so I am sure there is a lesson for me in all of this from the Lord. I have often said things in not the right way due to the emotions running through me at the time. It is a weakness in my temperament that I apparently need to work on.  But I think I am finally seeing that it is the emotions that are causing the issue. My temperament makes me an emotional person and I have to call on the Lord’s help to make the weaknesses of letting my emotions control my actions to letting the Holy Spirit guide my actions.  Lord, please help me to let go of any emotions that can turn out to be hurtful and anger-inducing to others when instead I can ask the Holy Spirit to fill me up with peace and please help me find a way to make this up to my husband who found my camera. Amen.
Luke 15:10 In the same way, I tell you there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.

No comments:

Post a Comment