Sunday, January 6, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 43

Yesterday I drove my son to Guitar Center and dropped him off and than took my daughter over to Toys R Us to shop with her Christmas money. When I picked up my son, he told me how he had never been in there before and he was a little scared and intimidated about going in but he did it and said he got over that pretty quickly. He found a used guitar he really wanted to get but was short about $80 so we set off heading home and stopped for lunch at Panda Express. After talking it through and confirmation from my husband we knew Tristan had enough money based on what he had in his savings account so we headed back to Guitar Center to buy the guitar. Unfortunately, when we arrived we did not find the guitar displayed and inquired about it. It turns out someone was buying it right than. We had missed it. My son took it so well and was willing to look over his second choice and any other guitars. I was so proud of him in how he handled it all. He ended up buying his second choice and was so thrilled to be getting a new guitar to replace his old cheap starter guitar we bought for him many years ago that wasn’t playing very good anymore. It is moments like these that bring joy to me as a parent. What a gift that is.
Proverbs 10:1 A wise son brings joy to his father, but a foolish son grief to his mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment