Saturday, January 5, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 42

I got this book for Christmas from my hubbie where you read the scripture and than write it out and on the other side of the page you write notes about the scriptures. It is a method of learning that has been used for ages but in our digital busy lives we don’t do much writing. The first book I am working in is James. He says in verse 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. A couple of days ago I was a mess, emotionally,thanks to raging hormones and physically because of my still healing shoulder and the hot office I was working in. I had no joy that day and I wanted to change that. I wrote about it on my blog and prayed and God led me to the scripture that says …for the joy of the Lord is your strength. God’s word inspired me to not only put it in writing up on my desk at work but to use my creative talents and truly make it look joyful. In seeking God for help, he gave it to me. My hormones shifted back to normal, my shoulder soreness has lessened and the heat issue in my office is getting worked out with open communication. God turned my whining and complaining back to joy. James was right in saying we should ask God for wisdom but we should be asking for everything we need, all those fruits the Spirit can give us and more. I was reminded about a time when I was a young teen and I raided my mom’s closet and took something to wear. When she found out she was mad but  not about me taking the clothes. She was upset because I didn’t come to her and ask. Like I did to my mom, are we hurting God’s feelings when we don’t seek and ask him? Thankfully, I know I am forgiven by God just like I knew my mom forgave me. I never took without asking her again because I wanted her to know that I do love her and I can show that love by seeking her and asking her. It is the same with God. This has really opened my heart to seeing how God truly wants for us to be in an open honest relationship with him as our Father, the authority over our lives. For as he tells Job in verses 38:8-13 who shut up the sea behind doors when it burst forth from the womb, when I made the clouds its garment and wrapped it in thick darkness, when I fixed the limits for it and set its doors and bars in place. When I said, ‘This far you may come and no farther; here is where your proud waves halt’? Read chapters 38 and 39 of Job when you need to be reminded of who God is. He is our Loving Father, Holy King and Ruler and authority over us and will give generously if we ask.
Psalm 30:11 You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent.

No comments:

Post a Comment