Thursday, January 10, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 47

Yesterdays’ awakening has showed me how the evil one is playing on my fears especially in times of trouble like when I am in pain from my shoulder. The antidote to fear is faith. My faith wavered and that let in the evil one to use my own temperament weakness of my emotional self against me. Recognition of the issue is the first step in turning my weakness into a strength, my fear into faith. I see now that faith is not only about believing in Jesus; it is trusting in Him in all things, everything, 100%. That is not something I am doing. We are all works in progress and so for my continued growth I have to learn to trust God in and for everything. I have to fix my eyes on Jesus and let Him work on me and give me what I am lacking. Despite all this trouble that my selfish sin created of wanting my camera found and my joy back, I am feeling glad in that I am learning that I can overcome my weaknesses within me with the Lord’s help. Joy in the Lord is what the Holy Spirit can give us.
Hebrews 12:2 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith who for the joy set before him, endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment