Thursday, January 31, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 68

Last evening, I picked up my 16 year old son at this bible study group and we headed home. On the way, he courageously asked me for advice on Valentine’s Day saying this was the first Valentine’s Day that he wanted to do something for someone. My son has a girlfriend that he met through his church youth group. I gave him my suggestions and we talked about how he has gotten a boost of confidence because he knows someone likes him. I had to tell him that there are probably other girls that like you but just haven’t had the courage to say anything. I remember having a crush on a boy starting in 5th grade and never did I say or do anything about it. Fear of rejection is so very real for all of us. We have to choose to let go and know that we are loved by our God who gave himself so that we might live. There is a road ahead for my son that will have rejection and heartache but I will be praying that he will draw closer to God and be filled with His love.
Romans 5:2-5 Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment