Wednesday, January 23, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 60

In my studies, it talks about getting back to that faith-moment we had when we first accepted Jesus as our savior. The point is to get back to a child-like faith that is not complicated by all the teachings, study and whatnot that you get into as you go on your faith journey. The more we know the more we realize how little we know is the main point. It is a humbling experience to realize how small we really are when we start to learn about God but we have to go back to the beginning and just have faith. Trust that God will provide for all our needs and take care of us. David says it well in this Psalm when he asks for God to restore the joy of your salvation. That is what we need to be praying for everyday so that we keep our faith and do not let all the complicated aspects of learning about God block us from God. There is a reason Jesus loves the little children because they do not complicate their faith, they just fully trust and believe. We told my daughter the truth about Santa after Christmas of 2011 but she wanted to maintain her child-like belief in Santa and acted like he was a real for this last Christmas. At first, I was a little daunted by it but in the end I think she has a natural affinity towards faith and that will serve her so very well in this life. I pray we can all have such a faith.
Psalm 51: 10-12 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

No comments:

Post a Comment