Thursday, January 3, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 40

Unfortunately, we all have bad days. I am only human like everyone else. My mood was sour, very sour. The only time I had a smile on my face yesterday was when I read one of my prayer cards at work and the thought of God working on me like a sculpture put a smile briefly to my face but than my current circumstances took over. I think we should make it a law that when women are in the midst of PMS they should be allowed to just be at home and pray. This is by far one of the greatest struggles for all females; those days before the blood flows when your hormones take control of you. I have found the peace I needed in those kinds of days in the past in the Word but alas I cannot read the bible all day at work so I am sucked into it. You throw in the almost constant aches and pains from my shoulder and an office where a person who is cold just turns up the thermostat up towards 80 degrees without any regard for anyone else in the office. Let’s just say my mood started sour and turned hostile. I had to get up and out of my office several times just to get out of the room and into the cooler hallway. I am still feeling the anger over it. Can you tell? Today I am going to write one word “Joy” on a paper and post it right where I can see it all day long. In this I will be reminded that Jesus is my joy and strength. With Him I can conquer all things. Yes, even a hot office with PMS and shoulder pain. There is much to be thankful for and I will focus on the one who gives me such great blessings and find in Him the joy, peace and strength to endure.
Nehemiah 8:10 Then he said to them, “Go your way. Eat the fat and drink sweet wine and send portions to anyone who has nothing ready, for this day is holy to our Lord. And do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength.”

No comments:

Post a Comment