Wednesday, April 11, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 139

I hate that insecure feeling I get when my bank account goes below a certain limit. It's a reminder to me that I have spent too much and probably not as wisely as I should have. It's a fear that we all probably have dealt with from time to time. But our God is a god of blessings and abundance. He loves us and will take care of us. Jesus tells us this when he says to look how the the birds of the air are fed and without worry and how the lily of the field is growing and beautiful and how much more God will take care of us whom he loves. As I prepare to make one more payment towards something and know that it will put me under my limit, I am going to be proactive and choose to believe that God will take care and I have nothing to worry about. Part of conquering our fears, I have learned is to be aware of them, pray to the Lord for courage and trust God fully. Lord, you will fill me with faith and courage to conquer this fear and all my fears. Thank you for giving me the faith and courage to overcome. Amen.
Matthew 6:26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

No comments:

Post a Comment