Wednesday, April 18, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 145

My thoughts have been on the workshop I did on Sunday. It didn't go as I had planned but I do think it was successful and everyone left feeling good about what they had done. It was mostly kids doing the projects and the mother's helping them so the whole bible study aspect that I had in my head didn't happen. So, I have been struggling with discouragement and dissapointment because it didn't turn out as I had planned and thankfully God has lead me back to reality. It's not about my plans but His. You planted some seeds, you got the mother's hopefully thinking about how to be more intentional with their faith and they each created something that will be a reminder to them of their faith, our Savior and the awesome God of our universe. I gave these moms and the one lady without any kids an opportunity to learn how they could apply their faith. It's up to them on how to respond. The idealist in me would love to see everyone become passionate and committed like I am to faithbooking but the reality is it's up to each of us what we choose. So, if I planted a little seed, got some hearts and minds thinking about the Lord than I will let God do the rest.
Thank you Lord for helping me over the obstacle of my own idealist self and my own expectations and seeing the reality of your truth.
Proverbs 16:9 In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment