Thursday, April 5, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 132

Have you ever made up your own word? I think each of us has at one time or another. It may not become popular and evenutally get in the dictionary but our creative nature makes us want to make up our own words. Last night we were to have left overs for dinner. Faith came down and was directed by Dad to look in the fridge. He jokingingly said you could have the spaghetti. This was because the spaghetti was the noodles and sauce together. She's a plain noodle eater so sauce is a big no-no. She very matter-of-factly says "it's been saucified!" How stinking cute was that! Now this food togetherness issue has been going on since about age 2. We certainly had hoped she would have grown out of it by now but I think she will be like I was, a late bloomer. In any case, when I think of this issue of togetherness with her food, it reminded me of our togetherness with the Lord. Are we trying to control our life and saying hold the sauce? or are we gratefully adding Jesus the sauce of our life to our noodles? How much better spaghetti and life is with Jesus being in it! We have to choose to put on the sauce of Jesus to our naked noodle life each day. Praise God for this silly kind of analgoy that came through the not-so-good issue with my daughter. I pray she will eat the spaghetti with sauce some day but thankfully I know that when it comes to Jesus she is living together with him. How about you? Have you been saucified? Pour Him on.
John 17:26 "I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them."

No comments:

Post a Comment