Wednesday, April 25, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 152

I was thinking over some of the things that happened on my trip and this one particular incident that happened the first day although funny to look back on makes me wonder how well do I hear. My mom and sister and I were eating at Rita's on the Riverwalk in San Antonio. As we were enjoying our mexican fiest, a mariachi band came over to a table in our area and played a fun sing-a-long kind of song. Afterwards, they made there way over to our table. It was so fun watching that I wanted them to sing for us, too. One of the guys said something that I didn't quite understand but I just nodded okay so they began there song. My mom eyed me during the song to give them $5 for a tip so I pulled out some cash. When I handed it to the guy after the song had ended he tells me it's $10 for a song. They weren't singing for free! I guess I missed that when he spoke to me before the song. I know I don't do well with accents because of my undiagnosed auditory disorder and you throw in the atmosphere of a restaurant and it's noise and it's a combo that just doesn't work for my ears. I paid the $10 and we laughed and balked to each other how we had been duped because we didn't hear. We told ourselves that if anyone else came up to us wanting to do anything, they would have to have a big sign saying it was free before we said yes. Our salvation is free. The cost was paid by Jesus' death on the cross and resurection from the dark pit of hell. We don't have to do good things to earn our salvation, all we need to do is choose to believe in Jesus. So now when I think of the cross and Jesus, I think there is also a big sign saying free! Romans 3:24 There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redepmption that came by Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment