Saturday, April 28, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 155

I bought and read a book I picked up at the airport bookstore called Nine Days in Heaven. It is based on a true story of a woman from the 1800's who went into a trance that she was in for nine days. In that time, she was shown parts of heaven. She was not a believer but on the fence at the time this happened to her. There are some very facininating details of what she saw and who she spoke with. I am re-reading it now as I tend to miss things the first time around and it was just too facinating to not read again. One interesting thing that has me especially excited especailly with all my body-health issues is that she saw people she knew who had died and they didn't look the same. They looked like they were, in the simplest description possible, in their optimal time of life. In growing older, I find this so very hopeful. All the aches and pains, all the wrinkles and weakness, all the gray hair and sagging will be gone. Don't get me wrong, I am very thankful to God for the body he gave me and am grateful that overall it is a healthy body. But to have the optimal health body of my 20's, now that is hope. Growing old can be discouraging with all these aches, pains, etc but knowing that my life with Jesus will be like this is a great encouragement when those pains are in full force. Focusing on my future with the Lord is much better than being sucked into the negative feelings that the pain of growing old can bring. Is your focus where it should be? Isaiah 46:4 Even to your old age and gray haris I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustan you and I will rescue you.

No comments:

Post a Comment