Friday, April 13, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 140

My day yesterday started off with a phone call I needed to make to an angry alarm company. Thanks to God I was able to keep my own cool and not say what I really wanted to say which was more like quit your bitching so I can help you! But instead the words came out, I can only help you when you calm down. It probably was about 10 minutes into it that he finally either got enough of his anger out or finally heard me that he stopped spouting off his frustrations and threats. I was able to get the problem figured out and the conversation ended with some laughs about going to get coffee although he had to throw out one more subtle threat of 'it's only 45 minutes to Colorado Springs'. I ended up with a few frustrated alarm companies yesterday and still have more to make return calls to so who knows what my day will bring today. I am just thankful to God for helping me keep my focus on trying to help and solve the issue and keep my own calm. It was very helpful to hear my co-workers praise of my efforts afterwards but I still wonder if I could have done any better. So, I will pray today that my words will come out as God would like.
Psalm 19:14 May the words of my mouth and the mediation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord my Rock and my Redeemer.

No comments:

Post a Comment