Sunday, April 1, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 129

A little bit of wisdom applied can go a long way... My awesome hubbie unexpectedly said lets go out for a drink. Sitting face to face with the man you live with day in and day out just doesn't seem to happen enough. He told me his love tank was at rock bottom. Ouch. But God led him to listen to the audio book by Gary Chapman, The Five Love Languages-Men's Edition. It was something I had suggested he read after I had read the books and discovered so much value in them. We had such a great heart-to-heart talk and I learned more about what will make him feel loved. However, I know it is in human nature to forget. Life will start creeping it's way back in and around us and I will end up not speaking his love language which we discovered is totally opposite of mine which is words of affirmation. So, what to do, what to do? My first thought is to create a positive affirmation to read everyday and write a prayer card to have at work. Like this challenge of praising God everyday, I am challenging myself to show my love to my hubbie in ways that will fill up his love tank. Lord, help me to shower my husband with the love he can feel. Amen.
Proverbs 17:24 A discerning man keeps wisdom in view, but a fool's eyes wander to the ends of the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment