Sunday, April 29, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 156

It's been on my mind since our mother, daughter, sister counseling session in San Antonio about friendship. My sister feels like she has no friends. Hmmmmmm. How many times have I felt that way? Too many to number. My mom said she has often felt alienated or like she doesn't belong when going into group situations. Hmmmmm. How many times have I felt that way? Too many to number. I was talking with my sister-in-law about this yesterday and yes Hmmmmmmmm... she feels like she doesn't have friends and feelings like she doesn't belong often too. My first thought was, "it's not just me". This seems to be a pretty common thing. Do you feel like you have no friends or at least no close friends? Have you felt alienated and felt like you don't belong when joining in with a group? In thinking about friends I felt the closest to a best friend in the flesh is my hubbie but by far my bestest friend is the Lord Almighty. He's the only one that knows me inside and out, front and back, through and through. He knows me like no one else. He knows my fears, what makes me cry, what brings me the greatest joy, my favorite "everything", my every feeling and thought from the moment I was conceived until forever thanks to Jesus. Without a doubt, when I am starting to feel like I have no friends or don't belong I look to the one who is my closest confidant, go-to person and bestest friend. When it seems like no one loves me, understands me, gets me. He does and always will. Remember God is your best friend too! Psalm 139:1 O Lord, you have searched me and know me.

No comments:

Post a Comment