Thursday, March 1, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 98

Change has been happening a lot lately especially at my work. I have never been afraid of change but rather embrace it but too much change at once can create a feeling of being out-of-control and wreak so much havoc and cause a lot of stress. That's how I was feeling last week, I let the changes at work overwhelm me instead of taking it to God which I finally did. I have been much more at peace and less stressed about getting the amount of work I have done. But again as I said early this week after my friend died unexpectedly things can change on a dime. Yesterday, I along with a few others from my department were called into the break room for an unexpected meeting. Unexpected meetings are almost always not good. I big red flag went up when I walked in and saw a lady I didn't recognize and noticed that my team lead looked like she had been crying. Something Not good was up and I was starting to feel a bit sick at heart. Half of my department was laid off yesterday. Thankfully, I wasn't in that half but here come more changes. So, I will be asking God continually throughout my work days for peace and comfort to help me and the rest of what's left in my department to get through these changes with grace and a sense of calm in our hearts. Things can change in a heart beat, death of a friend, getting laid off from work, slipping on ice and hurting yourself, and the list could go on and on. How do you handle change? As with EVERYTHING it is best placed in the hands of God who never changes.
James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment