Monday, March 5, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 102

I attended a church service at Sunrise Methodist Church last evening. I went to pick up a couple of books on scrapbooking bible studies and decided to stay for the service. The sermon was about the ten commandments. The first question was could you name them all? I think I could have done that although they may not have been in the order they are written in the bible. The pastor discussed how you can go by the letter of the law or as you read it like 'do not kill'. Got it don't kill anyone or as the very funny video they showed us said 'don't pull the trigger'. The pastor pointed out that there is also the intent of the law which is not the act of doing it but the thoughts and feelings of doing it. Ultimately, we are all sinners. I have realized I am sinning much more than I would have thought. I think when you put a magnifying glass over your life and look at each thing you do you will find that you are sinning more than you want to realize. So, I am intensely grateful for the gift of Jesus. He has freed us from the bondage of these sins. Although, I am free and saved that doesn't mean I shouldn't put the magnifying glass over my life and become more aware of the sins I am doing so that I can ask the Holy Spirit specifically for help in whatever area I need it. Take a look at the ten commandments over the next couple of weeks as we prepare for Easter and become aware of all your sins. It will make Easter morning be that much more glorious.
Exodus 20:1-3 And God spoke all these words: "I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. "You shall have no other gods before me."

No comments:

Post a Comment