Sunday, June 10, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenged-Day 198

You would think it was July or something? This heat is not fun. We braved the heat and went to the Renaissance Festival yesterday. I think my brain is still melted from it. I do not do well with hot weather but I made the best of it and just plowed along enjoying those moments that will come but once. My son had a momentous occasion and bought his first hunting knife. My daughter's momentous ocassion came while she was eating a vanilla shake that was topped with chocolate sauce. She blended it in and was making a good mess of it on her face when a Renaissance Festival character walked by and said "are you eating mudd?" Her face was just classic. Another personal highlight of the day for me was the wild animal show. This year they brought out a white tiger that was only 8 months old. Mind you at 8 months, they look full grown but he acted like a cub with a very playful nature. It was quite the site to see the tiger giving the trainer a playful hug. Tigers are my favorite animal in all of God's kingdom so when I saw a drawing at a booth of a tiger and his reflection in water, I knew I had to get it. It reminds me of how we are always casting a reflection. Whether we see it in a mirror, water or not at all; it is there. We constantly are reflecting what is in our hearts and minds. I have to be more aware of how I am reflecting my thoughts and feelings. Is the love of Christ being reflected or is it my own frustrations of life? More often it is the latter but I am praying that there will come a time when I will be reflecting my love of Jesus more than anything else.
2 Corinthians 3:18 And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.


No comments:

Post a Comment