Sunday, June 17, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 205

Today is the day we honor and celebrate our fathers. My Dad is the kind of guy who doesn't talk much except for those things that really interest him like politics, sports or their traveling adventures. We actually have that in common. I, too, tend to not be a big talker except when it's regarding those things that interest me the most which are God and scrapbooking. My hubbie will testify to the times I get on a soap box about something, too. I do have my talking moments. But in the end it's not the talking that really counts but the listening. How well of a listener am I? I tend to be a very focused thinker. I can multi-task like all women do so well but it's got to be with less-brain focusing activities. This makes my listening a bit more challenging when someone is trying to communicate something to me. My focus has to be directly on the person talking so I can fully take in and process what they are saying to me. To truly be listening to God is very much the same way. We have to have our focus on Him. This, like everything else, has to be an intentional thing that we commit to doing to really receive the blessings that will flow when our listening ears are in-tune to God. What are you doing everyday that puts your focus soley on God? Make today the first day you commit to one way you are going to focus on God, be it in prayer, reading scripture or a devotional, singing worship songs, journaling or faithbooking. Have a blessed Father's Day! Glory be to our God and Father of All!
Proverbs 23:22 Listen to your father, who gave you life...

No comments:

Post a Comment