Monday, June 11, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 199

God gave me some more reminders of how I need not be afraid of what other people think, that only him matters. A watched a movie in the afternoon about a daughter of a pastor who reflects the love she has for the Lord in inspiring ways. She ends up connecting with a troubled boy who, because of her, changes into a wonderful young man. The movie is called A Walk to Remember which is based on a book by Nicholas Sparks. What really spoke was how she didn't care what others thought of her. She did and was what the Lord wanted for her. I won't give away the story... You have to go watch it and get the inspiration that I got. Another reminder of how we need not to be afraid of what other people think was in the book by Max Lucado I read to my daughter last night called You Are Special. It's about a world with wooden people who go around putting star or dot stickers on each other based on the good things you do or the way they look. The main character meets another who doesn't have any stickers and finds out how he too can be like that by going to see his maker, the carver Eli.  It's a great analogy type story of us and God and how we need not be afraid of what other people think. It only matters what God thinks and he thinks you are special. It's a must read for adults and kids. I am thankful to the Lord for reminding me because of my forgetful nature of how special I am and that only what he thinks of me matters.
But now, this is what the Lord says—he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name, you are mine." (Isaiah 43:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment