Saturday, June 9, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 197

We picked up our kids from camp yesterday. Our daughter was very happy to see us. She apparently only had the fever Wednesday night and Thursday morning and than it was gone and did not return. The nurse and head counselor both said that perhaps it was a case of home sickness. Anything is possible. What we think can definitely have an effect on our bodies. Her one comment that stuck with me as we drove home was, "I can't wait to be home." Our ultimate "home" is heaven. Like my daughter, we can also get home sick. Are you feeling disconnected from God? Has life gotten in the way of your focus on the Lord? Have your trials and tribulations taken you further from God rather than closer? Do you know the Lord? Perhaps, like I was at one time, still searching for a "home"? We have a home but while we are here on Earth we have to cure our home sickness with a dose of the truth in the Word of God or a dose of fellowship with other believers or a spoonful of medicine called "worship".  Take your daily dose of vitiamins called Jesus and prevent the home sickness from infecting you again. Let the Lord make his home in you.
John 14:23 Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching.  My father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment